Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quarantine Life

Quarantine life has lead me back to my old wine blog. Drinking more wine?? Perhaps, but certainly not to the extent you'll see in those wacky TikTok videos! And yes, quarantine life has caused me to download TikTok! And I'm definitely not drinking enough wine to create my own TikTok videos, yet... Instead, I've returned to the enjoyment of tasting and learning more about wine - especially Virginia wine. Thanks to several memberships in Virginia wine clubs, I'm very fortunate to have a nice stock of Virginia wine conveniently located in my home. I've been staying home and working remotely since Tuesday, March 17th. Since that time, I've explored a few wines and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. Let's return to the adventures of Virginia wine tasting, shall we?

2016 Old Vine Chardonnay Pearmund Cellars - One of my favorites so far. This wine really hit the spot. I love a little butter in my Chardonnay and this delivered the right amount. There are hints of citrus with light oak on the palate. Exactly what I needed in a Chardonnay right now. I've never visited this winery located in Fauquier County, but I'm adding it to the list. Thanks Pearmund for starting my quarantine life off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment