Saturday, May 2, 2009

Call it Blush, Rose (“Ro-zay”), or Zinfandel, It’s still shunned by wine snobs world-wide

As I have been pondering my next blog post, I decided that I should be as open and honest as possible. Blog from the heart so to speak. And I’m here to tell you that I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve been enjoying a wonderful blush from a nearby winery, Chateau Morrisette. Recently, I chilled a bottled and opened on a hot spring day. What better way to enjoy a hot day than with a very light refreshing wine?! A nearby wine snob commented, “What are you drinking? Strawberry Hill?” Hey, I grew up on Strawberry Hill. It’s terrible at only 3.99 a bottle. (In my day, I think it was actually 2.99 a bottle) I can vaguely recall summer nights whereby a fellow partner in crime and I would swindle some local redneck into buying us two bottles and then promptly slurp it down. Ahh..those were indeed the days.

But I digress from my point. This wine is described as a “semi-sweet blush wine made from a distinctive blend of Vidal Blanc and Riesling, with a touch of Chambourcin for depth”. So it is in fact, more complex than Strawberry Hill and tastier than Beringer White Zinfandel. I highly recommend it if you are searching for something just for fun to sip on as the weather turns warmer.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, Strawberry Hill! (No, I am not implicating myself.;) But I am glad to hear that your tastebuds are a bit more refined these days. You know, I have even heard that wine out of a box is good!? Maybe you could do a series on box vs. bottle wines. Is there is a difference in taste? Hmmm...inquiring minds want to know. And does it matter - since everyone would think you were completely crass if you served box wine!? :)

    ReplyDelete