Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Drinking Goals for 2011

After a brief hiatus of wine blogging, its time to return to my adventures in wine. Don't worry, I've still been drinking lots of wine, just not blogging about it. It's important to have goals in life, so I've decided to outline a few of my drinking goals for this year. There are few Virginia Wines on my radar screen that I would at least like to taste or better yet, visit their winery for further research. I'm also expanding into local spirits as well.

1) Altavista Vineyard
This new vineyard is located near my hometown, Gretna, so I am curious to see what they have to offer. I also happen to know that I will be visiting soon, so I am listing it as a goal mainly to say I met at least one of my drinking goals this year!

2) Well Hung Vineyard
This wine has been on my radar screen for quite awhile. I love the name and I love the label, so I am very excited about trying the wine. This small operation is not open for tours. But it gives me a great excuse to check out the nearest retailer, Roanoke's Tinnell's Finer Foods. I can't believe I didn't know this specialty grocery store existed until now. I can't wait to see what types of wine and cheese selections they carry.

3) Annefield Vineyards
I had hope to visit this winery on last year's SoVa Wine Trail trip, but the day just got away from us. This is a definite excursion for the spring or summer. I am hearing great things about their wine, but I am equally excited to see the renovation of their historic property.

4) Explore Virginia Whiskey
My sister is an avid fan of single malt scotch. I think this is the summer we plan our trip to a Copper Fox Distillery which produces Wasmund's Single Malt Whisky located in Sperryville. Perhaps we can fit in a few others that have been popping up over the state in recent years as well.

5) And lastly...Avoid hangovers, or at least find a decent hangover remedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment